Frequently asked questions
Tour departure location
We are located a 30 minute drive west of Alice Springs at Owen Springs Reserve. The road is fully sealed to the turn off and then a short 4 km section of dirt road entirely suitable for a standard 2wd vehicle.
What to Bring
- Drivers License
- Closed in footwear – hiking shoes or boots
- Clothing appropriate to the forecast weather
- Water bottle
We provide the following:
- Pre-tour safety briefing
- Vehicle operations instruction
- An enjoyable and exciting drive!!
Finke River Adventures operates in most weather conditions. Tours will be cancelled in extreme conditions such as lightning storms or forecast flooding. We will postpone tours at our discretion should we consider the weather or conditions too extreme or unsafe and offer to re-book another date or a full refund.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your tour start time.
- When checking in for your tour you will be asked to sign an Indemnity and Release Agreement prior to your participation on the tour. A copy of this form is available on our website.
- Parent/Guardian will need to sign for participants under the age of 18.
- A pre-tour vehicle operations and safety briefing will be conducted with opportunity for any questions.
Age Restrictions and Drivers Licence Requirements
- Children under the age of 18 years must be accompanied on the tour with a parent or adult guardian.
- Our current license does NOT allow children under 7 years of age to travel in the Can-am.
- All drivers must hold a valid drivers license.
The tour is suitable for persons of good health, average level of fitness with full coordination.
The tour is not suitable for persons:
- Who have any skeletal conditions, spinal/neck conditions, osteoporotic fractures
- Who are suffering from neck and back pain
- Recovering from surgery
- For safety reasons, the maximum weight per individual to travel in our ATV's is 150 KG
- As a Safety First and Environmentally responsible tour operator, Finke River Adventures reserves the right, to cancel tours subject to weather and prevailing conditions.
- In this event, Finke River Adventures will notify you as soon as possible and offer to re-book or refund your tour cost.
- If you need to cancel your booking, a refund is available up to 7 days prior less a 10% administration fee.
- COVID CANCELLATIONS: If you are from a currently declared HOTSPOT within 7 days prior to your tour date a refund will be available less a 10% adminstration fee.
Are the vehicles difficult to drive?
Our vehicles are all 4WD, fully automatic, have power steering and are easy to drive. The pre-tour instruction will cover the vehicles operations and driving conditions.